We are happy to serve you as a new patient of Sandstone Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. When you make your initial visit to us in Edmond, Oklahoma, we will need some information from you in order to begin your time with us as a patient.
Your initial visit will be a consultation so that Dr. McKinney and his staff can explain your diagnosis and your treatment options. While there are times when the option to perform surgery on the same day as the consultation is available, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require your procedure be scheduled on a separate day.
For your first visit, you will need to have the following:
- Your referral information
- X-rays, if applicable
- A complete list of medications you are currently taking
- Your insurance information
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all appointments.
If you are going to undergo an oral surgery procedure and will be undergoing IV anesthesia, please take the following precautions:
- Do not eat or drink during the 8 hours prior to your procedure
Arrange to have an adult accompany you and drive you home
Also, there is information that Dr. McKinney and the Sandstone staff must have before providing any services. As a new patient, be ready to answer these questions:
- Have a medical condition of potential concern, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatic fever, artificial heart valves and joints, etc.?
- Are you currently taking any medication?
Thank you for giving Sandstone the opportunity to provide you with your oral and maxillofacial services at this time. We value you as a patient.